card reader

1x11456 11:33 10 Jan 04

iam thinking about getting a card reader all i have is a digical camera so i dont need anything fancy what does a card reader do will it download the pics from my camera without the camera being pluged into the pc as i have trouble with my cameras software this is the main reason for the card reader.many thanks

clayton 11:37 10 Jan 04

I think you take the memory card out of the camera & slip it into the card reader.

click here

Gongoozler 11:46 10 Jan 04

If you have a digital camera, a card reader is almost essential. You can remove the card from the camera, and download the pictures to your computer via the card reader. You just treat the card like another drive, so you can erase the files on the card, and even copy pictures from the hard drive to your camera card. Most card readers are connected to a usb port, and some fit in place of a floppy drive and connect to a usb header on the motherboard. The most useful card readers are 6-in-1, and can accept almost any type of memory card. If you have Windows XP you may not even need to load any drivers. Some motherboard makers have their own brand card readers which can simplify installation.

Sheila-214876 12:06 10 Jan 04

Read this previous thread click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…