Car Stereo Speakers!

alexgray104 12:13 20 May 06

Hello all,
I have drawn a diagram of what I propose to do with the car style speakers in the new caravan: click here One thing I am not sure on though - what is the output of a Compaq Evo N610c or Dell Latitude D600 - I cannot find anything on either website! And will that be enough to get the speakers working at a decent level (not booming mind you!) We have found out that the speakers are identical to these Kenwood ones in Argos!
click here Any thoughts much appreciated!

gudgulf 12:23 20 May 06

You wont be able to do this......the output from the laptop will be only 2v line level output...exactly the same as the output from a cd player or cassette deck in a home stereo.It will not power your car speakers

You need an amplifier to power the car speakers.You can then plug the output from the laptop into the amplifier and the speakers into the amplifier.

Most pc speaker sets are "active"....that is they have built in amplifiers.

Use a set of proper pc speakers instead.It will be neater and cheaper than adding an amplifier for you car speakers.

SANTOS7 12:28 20 May 06

click here
a possible alternative.....

alexgray104 12:58 20 May 06

ok, thanks for the replies people, just one last shot - if i plugged the speakers into a car stereo unit fitted into the caravan - is there a way to get the laptop plugged into that and therfore tunes playing via that??

gudgulf 13:14 20 May 06

If the cars stereo unit has a line in socket ...no problem.You just need to get an adapter cable.click here

If it has a cassette player then something like this click here is what you need.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…