In car satellite navigation - help please

FireOfBlue 00:48 04 Dec 03

Hi people,

I am just about to buy the following from Amazon - as a christmas present for my partner. Has anyone got any experience of these or any comments (apart from buy her an a-z you moron).

HP iPAQ H2210 Pocket PC (English) and Tom Tom Bluetooth GPS - Plus UK Maps - Pocket PC and Tom Tom Navigator Car Cradle Kit - iPAQ 38/39 series and ByteStor 128MB SD (Secure Digital) Card.

I'd be interested to hear what you think. someone has told me that the Ipaq is a new model and does not fit the gps adapter or the cradle. This is a stupidly expensive presnt that will leave me broke for ages - any advice very welcome!

Thanks

Fire:)

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:30 04 Dec 03

Not really any help but I find the PDA based ICNS much too small for proper use in a car, and according to legend, Plod on Wheels are less than enamoured with them. IIRC, a decent car navigation system, as oppossed to PDA based, is not too much more but you will need to rob the car for half a day to have it fitted and this may give the game away.

G

accord 08:40 04 Dec 03

click here

have a look in WHS for this mag. I think it was last month they had a review on Sat Nav systems for PDAs.

accord 08:42 04 Dec 03
  accord 08:44 04 Dec 03
  nickhick 09:25 04 Dec 03

FireOfBlue.

Why not save money and buy the Ipaq 1940 instead. Go to click here and check them out!

FireOfBlue 20:59 04 Dec 03

Thanks very much for all the suggetsions, I will look at all these links and have a good think.

Mind you - if anyone wanted to do the thinking for me ....... lol

Thanks

Fire

danknightuk 20:39 06 Dec 03

I am also interested in an iPaq GPS solution. I think the TomTom Navigator 2 software looks the best - the 3D view makes it so much easier than the straight down view and it has voice directions. You are right, they are expensive. More so if you don't have the PDA yet!!

Dan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…