capturing video from Hitachi DZ-MV200E

the dumb blonde 16:28 03 Sep 05

Hi
I have just bought a second-hand Hitachi DZ-MV200E DVD Camcorder. No software came with the camcorder, so downloaded the drivers from Hitachi's website.

Everything OK bar when I want to capture my video clips. No matter what editing software I use, my pc cannot connect to video capture device.

I am running XP on 2.4Ghz processor with 256 RAM
I conect to the pc via a USB cable as there is no facility for fire-wire.

I have no problem watching clips direct from the camcorder on the pc or uploading photos.

Please help,
the dumb blonde

scotty 17:01 03 Sep 05

click here for someone's experience with Hitachi DZ-MV200E

the dumb blonde 19:55 04 Sep 05

Thanks for your response Scotty. I had seen this link via the Hitachi website when I was looking for drivers. I have tried the program but I think I need a 'plug-in' to make it work and I am not sure what I am looking for (sorry, I really am a dumb blonde) so I may need a little help if you know what I should do now.

regards
the dumb blonde

woodchip 20:06 04 Sep 05

Why not buy a Firewire card and a DV cable that fit in a free PCI slot if you have one on the motherboard. click here

The top one is OK at £4.95 inc vat

woodchip 20:07 04 Sep 05

Card and cables on this page click here

the dumb blonde 20:16 04 Sep 05

Thanks Woodchip.

Only one problem, there is no Firewire connection to the Camcorder only USB, otherwise I would, but thanks for your suggestion.

regards

woodchip 21:54 04 Sep 05

If you have Pinnacle software or Serif Movie Plus you can select USB from the Setup Capture Menu Also Sonic MyDvd software

scotty 22:17 04 Sep 05

Reading the post linked above, it sounds as if the video files were copied on to the harddrive using Windows Explorer. Updated drivers were needed for the camera to be recognised by Windows before this transfer could take place. In Windows Explorer, do you see the camera listed as a removable device? If so, can you copy files to the harddrive?

scotty 22:24 04 Sep 05

Also have a look click here

Type vro into their search and loads of info comes up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…