Capturing & editing digital video

crimbo 10:35 21 Feb 03

I am looking at video authoring software, and version 7 of Ulead video producercaught my eye. I have a JVC DVL150e digital camcorder and an audigy soundcard, so i beleive i can download the footage if i buy a firewire cable. When i looked on the Ulead website, my camcorder did not appear on the list of compatible cameras;does this mean i will not be able to use this software, and can anyone suggest a suitable alternative? Thanks, Kevin

crimbo 12:08 21 Feb 03

Anybody help?

Ç̧ÇØ 12:25 21 Feb 03

Click here click here for info on your Camcorder. Assuming you have a firewire card in your pc, downloading video should not be a problem. If you are using XP you can download to the Movie Maker supplied free. Ulead DVD Workshop is excellent for downloading, editing and burning DVD, VCD and SVCD.

A note on firewire cards you have to know which chip yours has. If you have a TI chip the MS Firewire driver wont work.

crimbo 12:31 21 Feb 03

Thanks for the info, the firewire is part of the audigy soundcard, how do i find out which "chip i have?

Ç̧ÇØ 12:51 21 Feb 03

You should use the driver that came with your audigy soundcard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…