Capturing Desk Top Picture.

kev.Ifty 23:57 27 Nov 04

Please tell me how YOU capture an image and then publish it so that I am able to 'click' a link and view that image on my Computer.

I use Irfanview to capture an image. Then save that image to MY PICS. Then I use ZippyImages click here By clicking the 'browse' button and finding the folder in which i have the appropriate picture saved, I can then publish any picture or image to the Web for Anybody to view.

What is your method?

Kev.

hugh-265156 00:31 28 Nov 04

i use irfanview too as its handy if i only want to capture a foreground window etc but sometimes i just use 'print screen' button.

i usually run them through paint shop pros jpeg optomizer to reduce the file size a wee bit and upload it to my free webspace.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 00:32 28 Nov 04

Print screen, paste as new image to Jasc PSP, export as compressed JPEG and upload to click here

boyron 00:34 28 Nov 04

kev.Ifty
Thats exactly the way I do it!
Isn't Irfanview a great program...and its free.

kev.Ifty 00:56 28 Nov 04

But lets imagine I know nothing.(which ain't difficult) huggyg71 Say's "I just use 'print screen' button." what button is that then?

For the many People that may want to learn a new technique... Tell us how.

boyron 01:16 28 Nov 04

Pressing the print screen button on your keyboard puts the screenshot onto the clipboard.You can then paste it into irfanview or whatever image program you use.It is in bmp format which you can change to jpg if you wish.You can then save it to my pics or wherever.

hugh-265156 02:25 28 Nov 04

'PrtSC'

on my keyboard it says 'PrtSc/SysRq'

third from top row/right click here

Pesala 08:05 28 Nov 04

I also use Print Screen, then paste to Irfan View. If you want to capture just a dialogue box, use Alter Print Screen.

A PNG image is often smaller for screenshots because dialogue boxes and most program interfaces have only a few colours. PNG is even sharper than the highest quality JPG. However, if the screenshot includes a photo, it is better to use JPG click here as PNG will be too big.

I upload to my webspace: click here using FTP Commander then check the image using a shortcut from my home-made homepage and copy the URL for pasting here.

Spanglish 15:34 29 Nov 04

In your case ( as with me ) you need to press 'Crtl and 'PrtSc/SysRq'at the same time.

john-232317 20:36 30 Nov 04

Thanks for the info guys, that will be handy.

By the way my key is Impr/PetSis " Spanish keyboard " ;-))

bertiecharlie 21:25 30 Nov 04

If you just want to capture a particular window on your screen, place your mouse pointer in the window and press Ctrl/PrintScreen/Alt. (You probably all knew that anyway!)

HandSnap is good. Its a beta but very stable and its free click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…