Capture an NTSCand Burn to DVD

PTB007 10:53 22 Mar 04

I have an old VHS Box set (NTSC format) which I want to capture on my laptop and burn to DVD to preserve it for future viewing.

At present I use my video to feed into my camcorder and capture from my camcorder. This works fine for UK VHS and my own recordings made via my camcorder.

I can get the 5 tapes copied onto DVD for £25 each but wonder if anybody else can come up with another suggestion.

MichelleC 12:33 22 Mar 04

If your camcord can't read ntsc you can't capture. If it can you'll have to re-render to PAL (takes about twice as long to render 1 format to another even if avi).

PTB007 12:49 22 Mar 04

MichelleC,

My camcorder can playback NTSC cassettes but cannot receive an NTSC signal, is that what you mean by "can't read NTSC"?

MichelleC 13:25 22 Mar 04

Yes. The only other way is to get a 'capture card' which can read ntsc and pal, but even if vcr can playback ntsc too I'm not sure if vcr can transfer ntsc signal to capture card.

pj123 14:15 22 Mar 04

You could try this place click here but whether they will accept "copyright" material I don't know. They charge £10 each.

PTB007 17:02 22 Mar 04

Thanks pj123, I'll give that a go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…