Capture From a DV Camcorder

pb457 15:21 28 Aug 06

Hi, i want to capture my holiday video from a mini DV camcorder using a firewire interface, does anybody know of a software program, regardless of price that will allow me to capture the video without any quality loss. Unfortunatly with intervideo the quality of the captured video is terrible.

Thanks

eedcam 15:38 28 Aug 06

If you are using firewire and dv-avi most of the prorams will do the job you can download free trials of Adobe premiere very expensive or premiere elements 2/ Ulead Movie maker /Sony Vegas . Magix movie maker the list is long . they all have their own Forums for advise et.c. Try before you buy though as some are a bit more fussy on PC specs than others. Good Hunting

De Marcus™ 15:55 28 Aug 06

30 day trial of ulead vs10 click here

LAP 16:04 28 Aug 06

I have a Sony mini DV camcorder and using firewire via Win XP's Windows Movie Maker download without loss of quality.

pb457 17:51 28 Aug 06

thanks guys will look into it.

Woolwell 21:34 28 Aug 06

Video capture quality will decrease if some frames are dropped during capture. This can occur if the CPU is working at max.

I have used Windows Movie Maker, Serif MoviePlus 5 and My DVD without loss of quality. Haven't got round to trying Roxio's video capture but I expect that to capture just as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…