Capture Diver Not Available on this system

Regor 21:56 07 Mar 05

Ref: Video transfer.I have just up-graded to xp professional from xp home. Iam using Ulead software movie factory 3 and video studio 8. When trying to transfer video to my computor I now recieve the following "Capture Driver Not Available on this system". All was working ok before.
Help please.

Hairy Yeti 22:16 07 Mar 05

When you say "up-graded" is this a fresh install?

gudgulf 22:19 07 Mar 05

You might need to reinstall some of drivers after upgrading...Try reinstalling the graphics card and/or the video capture/wdm drivers.

john-232317 08:29 08 Mar 05

Its not regognizing your camera or firewire connection.

Check all connections and that camcorder is on.

john-232317 08:31 08 Mar 05

Recognizing even ;-)

Pineapple 10:01 08 Mar 05

I have a very similar problem, using XP home and VS8. My DV camcorder used to work fine using firewire, but that was some months ago, and now it won’t. It appears in devices OK but does not appear in “My Computer”. The 1394 works OK on other external equipment. Wondering if it is a driver problem.
gudgulf - what are "wdm" drivers and how do you install them?

john-232317 12:42 08 Mar 05

What cured it ???? for future reference.

gudgulf 17:01 08 Mar 05

click here for a quick wxplaination of WDM drivers.
For example if you have a "vivo" graphics card capable of capturing a video input signal then you need a set of extra drivers to do it.ATI and NVidia provide them seperately from the main graphics card drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…