caps lock sound

Daiol 15:46 25 Oct 06

hi, just lost caps lock sound,Been into control panel > accessibility options and ticked the toggle keys box but still no my speakers are connected and working with media player etc, does the caps lock sound come from the speakers or does it come from the pc tower box ?.

ventanas 15:55 25 Oct 06

It's the pc speaker in the box. Open the volume control and make sure its not been muted.

Daiol 16:15 25 Oct 06

Hi. ventanas. thanks for the info,checked volume control nothing muted,its a new box old guts been transfered into new box where do i find this speaker if there is one in the box? maybe there is no speaker there if not where does that leave me any thoughts on that please.

VoG II 16:17 25 Oct 06

Look for something like click here

Daiol 16:46 25 Oct 06

VoG™,hi thanks for that i just went out in the pi**ing rain to rescue the old box from the rubbish men got the speaker from the old box,can you please give me a rough idea where to connect the two wires to 1 red & 1 black i might be cheeky but a screeshot would be wonderfull thanks once again.

woodchip 16:48 25 Oct 06

Double click the Speaker in the System tray where the clock is

woodchip 16:49 25 Oct 06

speakers plug into the sound card at the back of the comp if you have one. Marked at the side of the socket Line out etc

Koochy 16:54 25 Oct 06

Sorry to but in but i think you have missed the point the speaker that Daiol wants to connect is the case speaker nt the normal audio speakers. I do not know where it connects to but you may.

Koochy

ventanas 16:57 25 Oct 06

Anything on here click here

woodchip 17:03 25 Oct 06

Speaker connection for case down in the right bottom corner of motherboard, same place as all the front case wires com from. trace the wires from the front should take you to where I said. look on the motherboard near the pins and you should see "Spk" two pins for a red and black speaker wires. The plug on the end may be marked Spk There may also be more pins but only two are used

woodchip 17:06 25 Oct 06

PS
it will work both ways you plug it on as it's not volt sanative. It's only when you are HiFi that is needs to go on the right was as you would get distortion if it was on wrong

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…