Caps Lock indicator

Stefanloc 14:43 31 Aug 03

A few months ago you published a tip to provide a visual indicator when the CAPS LOCK button got pressed accidently. I used it to great success but have lost the details to enter onto my new computer. Can you help?

-pops- 14:57 31 Aug 03

???

I'm must be missing something here. Two visual indicators already available are 1) a light on the keyboard which comes on when the caps lock is on. 2) All letters come up on the screen in capitals.

I don't intend this to be obtuse but I don't understand it otherwise.

Peverelli 15:26 31 Aug 03

I think Stefanloc is talking about an onscreen indicator.

Stefanloc, have a look at this thread. click here

-pops- 15:34 31 Aug 03

Oh!!

I began to think I was having a senior moment.

Over the years, whilst I've not learned to touch type properly, I do use most fingers for typing (my little fingers don't work) and do it mostly without looking at the keyboard. I'm also quite fast. I would recommend anyone to learn to type. It's only practice that's required. After that you won't need these aids. It will be a long time before speech to text becomes the norm.

Brian

jazzypop 15:48 31 Aug 03

click here

I find these settings very useful - I am forever hitting the Caps Lock key instead of the left Shift key (fingers like a bunch of Ffyfes!).

Simsy 23:44 31 Aug 03

Toggler

I wanted something to give a displayin the system tray for caps lock and num lock, since my cordless keyboard doesn't give such an indication. (I presume no cordless keyboards do?)

I's free to try, and only about $5 (dollars) to buy.

It's not invasive on the system at all. It runs without needing to be "installed". You can make it run at startup. It will, if you choose play some audio each time the num lock or caps lock is pressed.

I think you'll find it's just what you need.

available from:

click here

Hope this helps,

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

powerless 23:46 31 Aug 03

As i have a keyboard that was designed with *Ahem* Style in mind ;-))

I have no such lights as an indictor that the *.locks are on.

I use the tones to indicate that they are on. Simple as abc...

Megatyte 03:01 01 Sep 03

Or is that ABC...?

:-)

AH

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…