Caps lock beep!

curlylad 01:15 15 Oct 04

I recently read a post (can't remember by whom or what the title was) which explained how to get the PC to beep everytime the caps lock , scroll lock , or numbers lock keys were pressed , I configured my PC to do this and the sound is doing my head in so I wish to revert back to normal , problem is I can't remember how , can anyone help please ?

Djohn 01:21 15 Oct 04

Control panel/accessibility options/keyboard tab and remove the tick from "Use Toggle keys"

curlylad 01:31 15 Oct 04

....good morning yourself my good fellow !
Thanks for that and as I am answering you a piece of paper in my letter rack has caught my eye which clearly says "Turn on/off keyboard beeps" , I'm sure it wasn't there five minutes ago . Are you up early or late ? Just doing the late shift on PCA I suppose hoovering up all those forgotten or erroneous threads chewing on them for a while then BANG ! Bobs your Uncle , another thread ticked and the jobs a good 'un.
Might have a flick through myself as I have an hour or so to kill afore Mr Sandman comes calling.

Djohn 01:37 15 Oct 04

Just another sleepless night I'm afraid, so reading a few threads to see if I can help out before my eyes glaze over! ;o)

curlylad 01:55 15 Oct 04

Good man Sir , I believe they need assistance over at this thread click here perhaps you could lend a hand , looks quite tricky .

whynotsusan 15:36 04 May 05

I LOVE the caps lock beep 'cos I hit that d-d key so often by mistake. But it won't stay selected, every time I shut down it disengages and I have to reset it when I next start up. Anybody know why, please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5