Capital letters at start of each line

Duncanf 21:02 14 Apr 04

Can somebody remind me how to stop capital letters automatically appearing in every line of my Word documents. Thanks in anticipation!

Eastender 21:08 14 Apr 04

Tools > Auto Correct.

VoG II 21:09 14 Apr 04

Insert/Autotext, Autocorrect tab, untick "Capitalize first word of sentences".

That is for Word 2003; may be slightly different in other versions.

ade.h 21:15 14 Apr 04

VoG's tip applies to Word 2000 as well.

Eric10 21:37 14 Apr 04

If you want to leave AutoCorrect alone so that sentences are capitalised but don't want a capital letter whenever you press the Enter key in situations such as when making a list, then you can press Shift+Enter to create a line break instead of a carriage return. The new lines are part of the same sentence so don't get capitalised.

Peter 21:38 14 Apr 04

If you don't enter a CARRIAGE RETURN at the end of each line and allow Word to word-wrap for you, you won't get a capital letter at the beginning of each line. You only need to enter a CARRIAGE RETURN at the end of each paragraph.

Peter.

Duncanf 22:51 14 Apr 04

Thank to Peter, Eastender, VoG, ade.h and Eric10 for your prompt solution to the capital letters. I had forgotten the sequence. My memory lets me down too often these days!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…