Capital letters that change to small letters?

spuds 09:22 AM 24 Feb 12
Answered

I seem to have recently, a problem that when write a capital letter 'A' it changes automatically to 'a'. I then have to go back and replace the 'a' to 'A' or whatever letter changes.

This can be at the beginning of a sentence, or any where else in a sentence.

I use IESpell, but the problem seems to occur with all the browsers etc that I use. But it doesn't always happen!.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

northumbria61 10:15 AM 24 Feb 12

Caps lock or Shift key sticking - possibly?

spuds 17:22 PM 24 Feb 12

northumbria61

No its not that, because it can happen after I have printed other text to a line?.

It would appear to be a spell checker correction type fault?.

lotvic 23:35 PM 24 Feb 12

Didn't think that IESpell did auto-corrections?

Sea Urchin 23:44 PM 24 Feb 12

lotvic is correct - there is no auto correction facility in ieSpell

spuds 08:44 AM 25 Feb 12

I can only agree, because it was only a theory on my part.

Whatever the case, it would appear to be something that is changing Capital text as I type. I can live with it, but it would be nice to have a solution to the problem. Everything that I have tried, hasn't offered a solution.

lotvic 10:16 AM 25 Feb 12

"the problem seems to occur with all the browsers etc that I use"

What other spell checkers do you have installed? as some other browsers have their own checker and I'm thinking it may be some sort of conflict, though I don't know of any that do auto corrections. Usually just get a red line underneath misspellings.

MS Office does have auto correct if you set it up (don't know if that has anything to do with it)

lotvic 10:17 AM 25 Feb 12

forgot to add.. Have you tried another keyboard?

spuds 12:18 PM 25 Feb 12
Answer

lotvic

I have spare keyboards, so I will give this a try.

There isn't MS Office on the computer in question (running XP). When time allows, I will have to dig deeper into the software, to see if I can pin-point anything there. I have a strange feeling that when I installed something some time ago, there was a tick box involved, that might have something to do with the fault.

I will tick this as resolved.

Thanks to those that have given their time and input on this question, much appreciated.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification: OP2 confirmed in VR product launch - full OnePlus…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things