CapabilityManager.exe

Stevie07 21:10 01 Nov 06

My system seems to hang for 20 secs or so every few minutes. I have noticed CapabilityManager.exe in my startup process and all the indications are that this is an unwanted piece of spyware. Running Mcafee,Spybot and Adaware do not find this a problem. A search dosn't locate it in any directory so that I can deleye it. What is it and how do I remove it please

anskyber 21:19 01 Nov 06

Have you anythink on your PC from Teleca?

Stevie07 21:21 01 Nov 06

No not that I am aware of. What sort of things do they produce?

anskyber 21:23 01 Nov 06
  Stevie07 21:36 01 Nov 06

Possibly some mobile phone software given free when I upgraded my mobile phone. Am I to presume that this software is harmless if I am correct in my assunption?

anskyber 22:46 01 Nov 06

Looks like it from the link, the fact that your security has ignored it is a useful guide. I would take it out of your start up list. There are many ways of doing it, I like the Spybot Search and Destroy facility of start up disabling, before deleting it as a start up item..

Stevie07 18:41 02 Nov 06

Thanks very much for your help.

squillary 20:12 02 Nov 06

I think I have this. It installed as part of the Sony Ericsson mobile software. I'm not sure what it does or whether it's something I want to remain, but Defender, Norton, Adaware, Spybot, A-Squared and Ewido don't have a problem with it if that makes a difference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…