Can`t write cd`s in media player

Andycra 21:45 09 Mar 03

Having just upgraded to media player 9, when i attempt to burn a cd the player tells me there is no device present and no disc in drive. Is their a setting that needs to be changed?
Upon exploring the drive it recognises the blank disc. Tried new cd`s, re-installing driver. I am running XP.

Taff36 13:58 12 Mar 03

Annoying problem that I`ve had too on my laptop running XP Pro. Last time I simply rebooted the system (Cold Boot - Leave the computer off for a couple of minutes) and it finally agreed to write to the CD.

Another annoying feature of Media Player 9 is that when it updates track information in Medi Library it separates a couple of tracks from the main entry as if it doesn`t relate to the album but all the information is there!

JoeC 14:26 12 Mar 03

go Tools then Options. In Devices, is your drive listed ? If not, click on add and see if you get anywhere with that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…