Can't view web pages with Internet Security on

Nicholas 19:11 01 Nov 05

I have just started having a problem with not being able to view web pages in Internet Explorer whilst having Norton Internet Security turned on. If I turn the security software off it's OK. This has only just recently started happening.

GaT7 00:14 02 Nov 05

Is the problem confined to IE only? Have you tried another browser like Firefox, for instance? Are you able to send/receive email? Is your Internet connection itself failing?

Using their search facility (click here) this is what I could find that may relate to your problem:

1. Cannot access the Internet

- NIS 2005 & later click here

- NIS 2004 & earlier click here.

2. Problem with *specific* websites click here & click here.

3. Problem with *secure* websites - click here.

4. "Internet Explorer cannot access the Internet when Norton Internet Security 2006 and a non-Symantec firewall is installed" - click here.

Hope this helps. G

Nicholas 08:44 02 Nov 05

The problem was only with Internet Explorer. I could still receive and send emails. However, this morning the problem seems to have gone away and I can now access the web again. Thanks for your assistance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…