cant view videos with picture motion browser

jacjay 23:55 08 Dec 07

have downlaoded videos from my sony hard drive camcorder onto picture motion browser but cannot view thwm because they are not analyzed, when i try to analyze the files it tells me they could not be analysed. Any ideas?
Is there a bog standard easy software programme that i can use to down load and write videos to dvd's from my camcorder?

MAJ 00:11 09 Dec 07

Does this thread help? click here

MAJ 00:17 09 Dec 07

Also tell us the model number of your camcorder.

jacjay 00:45 09 Dec 07

It's a sony handycam HDR-SR5E I can connect the camera to computer ok and download the videos but in order to view them each videohas to be 'analyzed' by the programme. There is a key to do this which when pressed appears to be analyzing them one by one but when it gets to the end i get a message ' some videos could not be analyzed' and i don't know why?

bossusa 21:10 27 Apr 08

You have a codec on your operating system that is interfering with the Sony AVCHD codec. You have to find it and remove/uninstall it. Do you have any other codec packs installed, such as K-Lite or Ace Mega? If so uninstall those first.

You can access you video codecs by going to My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manger > Sound, Video & Game Controllers > Video Codecs.

Look through the list. Remove any codec that is redundant or shouldn't be there. Once the culprit codec is removed MPB will play your vids fine.

cteixeira2009 03:36 26 Jan 09

Dear Bossusa, greetings from Rio!

You're a genius. In fact, I've been installing a couple of codecs down here and one of them was messing up the whole stuff.

Many thanks and my best energies.

- c.a.t.
catalisando.com

jacjay 09:18 26 Jan 09

don't know if i;m that thecnic that I can do that as I wouldn't know what is used by what.
On my new computer using vista I have been downloading them with moviemaker which I can use OK

project 90 23:35 06 Sep 09

i know this thread old but there is new version on MPB for vista works great

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…