can't view as thumbnail

Tony275 21:08 11 Nov 07

Evening All I have just noticed I can't view thumbnails, I managed to find the option to show thumbnail preview, but it is greyed out and not selectable, Can anyone point me in the right direction as to why this is.
Windows Vista Home Basic

Regards T

Tony275 19:06 14 Nov 07

I have a new laptop with windows vista home basic loaded.I thought I would hate vista with all that I had heard, But for me it's great I love it and this is coming from a man who thought i'd never leave XP anyway the point is everything is fine except the fact I don't have a option to view as thumbnails, If I right click on the start and properties it brings up the taskbar options and the option view as thumbnails is greyed out, not able to choose it.
It as been a few days now and no one seems to know why so i'll keep looking and if I find the answer i'll let you know.

Regards Tony

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:12 14 Nov 07

click here may help.

G

Technotiger 19:12 14 Nov 07

Scroll down to Layout and Visualisation ...

click here

Tony275 21:50 14 Nov 07

Thanks for those links, I've read with interest, Gandalfs link seems promising but I can't understand the bit about changing drafts which he claims sorted the problem.

Regards Tony

Tony275 22:14 14 Nov 07

OK I've sorted itat last, If you change the visual effects in system properties to adjust for best performance then you lose the option to view as thumbnails, If you set it to adjust for best appearance you get thumbnail view back.

Regards Tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos