Can't use XP CD-burning with Nero installed

Anyone know of a way around this? Having invested in a DVD-burner(I try to keep up-to-date with hardware, since I do upgrades etc. for friends), which requres Nero 6.0, I can no longer use the built-in XP CD-burning utility. Not a major problem, as Nero does the job itself, but it does require more than a single click or two. And, more seriously, although I don't need to use this option often, it disables backing-up to CD using XPs Backup program. Short of uninstalling Nero, I've tried most reconfiguration options - deslecting 'Enable CD writing'for the DVD-RW, rebooting and turning it back on again and rebooting, disabling InCD,etc. Nero isn't in Startup, so at a loss.

€dstowe 18:22 12 May 04

I have found the CD writing facility in XP to be basic and primitive and never used it for anything other than a try out. Nero is much better so the loss of XP CD writing would be no loss to me.

Regarding backup to CD, Nero 6 has a backup program included now. I've not investigated this but it may be worth a look.

Don't give up with Nero. It has so much more to offer than what you get in Windows alone.

€d

Thanks, €dstowe, more of a 'why not?' than anything else... I would have thought that XP might be smart enough to either turn off its own CD-burning when it detects other burning software, or to display an error message, but it doesn't, just appears to be going about its work and then simply doesn't finish the job (i.e. burn). Will check out Nero's own backup options... Would still like to know if there is a way around it, or definitively not...

woodchip 19:11 12 May 04

The NERO backup version 6 is far better than WinXP but it does a full backup first shot

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…