Can't Use WMP in FireFox

mattyc_92 10:21 24 Jul 05

Hi, I have been using FireFox for a while now, but I can never use it to see "embedded" video/audio in websites. I have to use IE instead.

I have searched the Extensions and Plugins section of the FireFox site, but can't find what I need.

Can anyone point me to the currect location?

As usual, thanks in advance.

ashdav 11:01 24 Jul 05

Do you have Java runtime (JRE) installed click here and Flashplayer click here

Stuartli 12:03 24 Jul 05

Some websites also use RealPlayer - Firefox will prompt you to download the plugin if it is not already on your system.

mattyc_92 12:09 24 Jul 05

I have both already installed.

Stuartli

Yes I know that, but thanks for the info...

Is it just part of FireFox? I can still use IE for streaming embedded audio/video, so it isn't a real problem, but is annoying.

Thanks for your responses.

Stuartli 12:15 24 Jul 05
  Stuartli 12:27 24 Jul 05

Use the about:plugins in the address bar to see what is Enabled as suggested in the link.

Belatucadrus 12:54 24 Jul 05

I think that the embedded WMP uses activx, if I'm right then Firefox isn't going to play it without a suitable plug-in. As one of the pro security points on Firefox is that it isn't vulnerable to activx exploits. If I'm right, it may be a fix you don't want to implement.

Try posting this in web design, I'm sure one of the experts there will know the answer.

Stuartli 13:24 24 Jul 05

See the link I provided...:-)

mattyc_92 14:06 24 Jul 05

Thanks for the link. According to the test, it is working, but things like "Yahoo Launch" wont load (they can't find Windows Media Player)...

O well, I still have IE for that...

Thanks for all replies....Will Tick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now