Can't use links from IE8

Taurus 21:23 10 Nov 10

I seem to have inadvertantly made some change somewhere (or my computer has decided to do so), that prevents me from clicking links to web addresses from within my emails, I have looked through all the security settings but can't find anything relevant, please help. I get the message'This action has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer, contact your system administrator'. I am using IE8 (Office 2007) on Vista 32 bit.

Many thanks

Dave

northumbria61 21:53 10 Nov 10

To assist in finding an answer can you please say which mail program you are using.

northumbria61 21:54 10 Nov 10

Is IE 8 your "default" browser ?

northumbria61 22:02 10 Nov 10

I suggest turning off the email scanning capabilities in your anti-virus software to see if this makes any difference.

northumbria61 22:07 10 Nov 10

See here - click here

Some of the suggestions I have already made above.

To fix it, try resetting Web settings in Internet Explorer. If this does not resolve the issue, set IE as the default browser

northumbria61 22:13 10 Nov 10

I am guessing you are using "Outlook" seeing as you have mention Office 2007 - See here click here

Taurus 23:20 10 Nov 10

Thanks northumbria61, the first lot of links you posted worked, I remembered that I had tried Chrome a few days back but immediately removed it, a little hack of the registry put it right. Many thanks for taking the time to respond.

Dave

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now