cant use hash key

pooperscooper 09:26 22 Jun 06

Hi On my laptop, on the top row where all the numbers F1-F12 are, is the hash key....I need to use it and cant get it to work, I have tried pressing num. lock but this doesn't allow it to work....Any suggestions please...

€dstowe 09:29 22 Jun 06

Don't you have a # at the right hand side of the middle row of letters (same key as the tilde ~)?

pooperscooper 09:31 22 Jun 06

Hi, Yes !!

FatboySlim71 09:57 22 Jun 06

Could you go into control panel/Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options/Regional and language options, and tell me what language it is on.

FatboySlim71 10:02 22 Jun 06

Also could you go into, control panel/Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options/Change the format of numbers dates times, on the window that opens up, click on the languages tab and then on the details tab and tell me what language is shown at the top where it says default input language and also what the language of the installed service are set on.

pooperscooper 10:04 22 Jun 06

Hi, Its English United Kingdom.....

pooperscooper 10:16 22 Jun 06

Hi, Default input language is English United Kingdom...installed services....again ebglish united kingdom.....

FatboySlim71 10:25 22 Jun 06

Has the hash key worked in the past. Ive just had a look on the net for hash key not working, but I could not find any info.

€dstowe 10:27 22 Jun 06

You answered yes to my question. Doesn't that hash key work then?

pooperscooper 10:29 22 Jun 06

No, I keep trying to print it as I need to use it on a phone number but it just wont work?

FatboySlim71 10:33 22 Jun 06

Do you have a blue and white EN on your task bar near the clock? if you do double click on it, then click on english (american) and click remove, if it says about it already in use, do it again and it will dissapear and you should be set to the UK keyboard layout, if the EN icon isnt there right click on the taskbar, click on toolbars then click on language bar, then you should be able to follow the previous.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…