Can't update Zonealarm free

michaelw 10:30 02 Jul 10

I have downloaded latest ZA version as per pop-up and was about to install ZA I got the following message..

"This computer is running Windows XP Service Pack 3,but requires an update to the service pack(SP) before you can install ZoneAlarm.

Click OK to start this SP update(KB943232) now.

After the update you are prompted to restart and then you can install ZoneaAlarm."

When I press 'YES'(means try to update) I get the following error message:
"Setup has detected that the Service Pack version of the system is newer than the update you are applying.There is no need to install this update".

Then I am not able to proceed further.

I've tried uninstalling ZA, rebooting then installing latest version but the circle continues.

TIA

Graphicool1 11:09 02 Jul 10

You have downloaded and installed Zone Alarm (ZA)?
You tried to update it and it said first you had to update your PC 'Service Pack'?
Now it is saying ZA is up to date?

Where is the problem? It can't/won't update, because it is up to date!

If it still doesn't make any sense to you...click here

michaelw 13:39 02 Jul 10

I haven't made myself care:

I am running ZA version 8.

I have downloaded latest ZA version as per pop-up and was about to update to version 92_57 when I got the following error message..

"This computer is running Windows XP Service Pack 3, but requires an update to the service pack(SP) before you can install ZoneAlarm.

Click OK to start this SP3 update(KB943232) now.
After the update you are prompted to restart and then you can install ZoneaAlarm."

When I press 'YES' to update SP3 I get the following error message:
"Setup has detected that the Service Pack version of the system is newer than the update you are applying.There is no need to install this update".

Then I am not able to proceed further to update to the latest ZA version.

I've tried uninstalling ZA, rebooting then installing latest version but the circle continues.

I tried installing latest ZA in safemode but still the same problem.

I have posted on the ZA forums but not getting anywhere.

Surely someone else must be getting this problem (or soon will be).

michaelw 13:40 02 Jul 10

care? clear

michaelw 14:41 02 Jul 10

Right, I've cracked it.

I decided to uninstall SP3 and reinstall it. I couldn't find it using add/remove and CCleaner
Eventhough my system info says I've got SP3, and MS site updates say I have. So I installed it over itself in safemode and when I rebooted I could install ZA 9_2.

Go figure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5