can't update AVG and mail gone from OE inbox

palinka 18:38 07 May 05

Not sure if these are related problems.
Friend said she had problems (unspecified). Turns out all the emails in her inbox have vanished. I noticed her AVG had last been updated 1st April 05, so decided to deal with that first. But after connecting and message that there is a priority update available, when I click "Update now" I get message that there is no update available at the moment. Obviously something has corrupted it/is preventing updates. Any ideas? And could it be the cause of her Inbox being emptied?

I'm running Stinger for her, and will then try Spybot. Is there anything else anyone can suggest, please?

p;3 20:13 07 May 05

could post back what Stinger finds ( are you running the new program?) so that forum members can offer the most appropriqate tools to help remove whatever is on there; and what OS she is using and dial-up or BB?

also what spybot finds:)

and what antispyware etc programs does she have on her machine?

palinka 16:29 14 May 05

thanks p;3. Her OS is XP and she's on a dial-up connection.
Stinger found nothing, though Spybot found several possible nasties. Eventually solved the problem by deleting AVG3 then installing a new copy. Will never know how she lost her emails, but apart from that all is now OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…