Can't update AVG 7

pj123 13:49 11 Dec 04

Just been to a friend who says he has been unable to update AVG7 since 8/11/2004.

Every time he tries he gets a Browse for Folder window, that says:

Locate the folder with the update file and press OK.

Then a drop down window of the C:\ drive tree appears.

It is highlighted on the root of C:

If you click on OK another window opens that says:

No New Updates.

He is running Windows XP which I know nothing about.

Any suggestions please?

JaßîsFaß ˜ 13:54 11 Dec 04

I would first check the Update Manager settings in the Control Centre as it should update from a URL and not from c drive. It might be easiest though to uninstall the AV and start reinstall a new download, and then retry for the updates.

jakimo 14:44 11 Dec 04

I had the same problem with Ver.7,and there are complaints on the avg forum about updating problems.

the only way I could correct the problem was to completely remove all traces of avg,(uninstall and then do a search for avg files and delete)then download latest version

Djohn 15:09 11 Dec 04

Something not quite right with the set-up or install of AVG. Go to Start/all programs/Lavasoft and highlight the text. You will see from the menu on the right that AVG has its own uninstaller. unistall from there then download and install again for him using the default settings.

pj123 15:29 11 Dec 04

Right guys, looks like a complete remove/reinstall of AVG.

But 10mbs on a dialup connection is going to take ages.

So I have just downloaded it again. Although I won't see them until next Friday 17th December, I will close this thread as Resolved. If I still get problems I will repost.

Thanks a lot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…