Can't Unistall Program

Anti_Virus 19:13 02 Jun 07

Hi, I downloaded a photo viewing program called Acme CADSee, as a very temporary measure to view some files (I planned to uninstall it within 5 minutes as I knew I won't be using it again for a very long time). However, After using it, I went into Control Panel/Unistall Program (I run Vista Business) and unistalled it. It ran normally and I was told that the program was unistalled, but some files couldn't be removed and had to be deleted manuall. I've seen this before, so didn't think it a problem. However, when I went into Program Files, not only was the "Acme CADSee" folder in tact, but everything in it was too. I could even open and use the program still. Why didn't uninstall, and how do I get rid of it? Please help me!

jcomfortablynum 20:01 02 Jun 07

have you stopped it in the download site before you uninstalled

Anti_Virus 22:22 02 Jun 07

I don't know what you mean by that, but I don't think I've done that, so no.

SANTOS7 22:53 02 Jun 07

click here
reinstall the prog then try the uninstall from the tools menu from the prog in the link, if that does not work try this
click here good luck..

rdave13 22:57 02 Jun 07

Try reinstalling and look in the notification area if there is an icon there for it. If so then right click and exit or stop it running.
Then uninstall.
If no icon in system tray (notification area) then try start, all programs and see if it has its own uninstaller. Failing that and although I haven't used this it might help,.. click here

Anti_Virus 21:32 08 Jun 07

Thanks for all your replies, but my friend wasn't patient enough to wait for them, and just went ahead and used SDystem Restore. It did work as program is now gone, but cheers for your replies anyway, as they're useful for future reference.

ambra4 02:05 15 Jun 07

To uninstall programs that do not have a uninstall program go to click here and download My Uninstall 3.0 the best uninstall program on the market will also uninstall Norton Antivirus.And forget Microsoft uninstall program which is crap and leave a lot of files on the HD so that Bill can keep a check on what was installed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple