Can't uninstall zetec wireless adapter

gloria gaynor 21:14 25 Feb 08

Could someone please help. I'm at my wits end. I have recently installed a netgear DG834G V3 wireless router to my PC (Windows XP) I tried installing a zetec adapter. I don't think it installed properly and whilst the router seems to be working properly ie. my daughter can connect wirelessly with her laptop - I cannot connect wirelessly with my PC. Someone suggested uninstalling the wireless adapter and installing it again. But....big problem - I cannot seem to uninstall it. Any ideas

skidzy 21:32 25 Feb 08

Check in add and remove programs or in Start/all programs,select the wireless adaptor,scroll across for the uninstall option if it has one.

Or even a system restore to a time before the installation of the adaptor.

Or try a reinstallation of the software over the top of the current install.

TopCat® 21:34 25 Feb 08

Open Network Connections in Control Panel and disable the active connection. Then in Add/Remove programs there should be an entry for DG834G; delete this entry and reboot.

Go back to CP and enable the network controller you disabled. Connect up your router and insert the Netgear installation CD and follow instructions from the Smart Wizard. Turn on your router, wait until all necessary lights are green then click on install. The wizard will do everything for you but you may have to enter some login details if asked. TC.

skidzy 21:35 25 Feb 08

Or try Ccleaners uninstaller;
click here once downloaded and upon install untick the yahoo toolbar option and follow the prompts.
Select Tools/uninstall...select the program you wish to remove and uninstall.

skidzy 21:38 25 Feb 08

The router is not the problem,unless im misreading this. :-))

Looks like the wireless adaptor is the problem.

gloria gaynor 21:47 25 Feb 08

Thank you for your responses. Unfortunately I am not at my own PC at the moment and I won't be able to try the solutions until I get home. However,Skidzy you are right the router seems to be working fine - it's the adapter that seems to be the problem. All along the icon appeared at the bottom of my screen and indicated that it was connected to my wireless connection. However everytime I pulled the ethernet lead out I couldn't connect to the internet. During intial installation I think I interupted it and it didn't install properly. I really am a computer novice and this is doing my head in! But I will try your suggestions and let you know how I get on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017