cant uninstall trojan infected programme

castiel333 23:10 28 Oct 04

I tried to delete the folder of a programme(its not in add or remove programmes)because its infected with a trojan but I get a message saying I cant delete it access is denied Ive ran all the usual recommended scans to try to remove it but they dont find it I only found it by running an online scan at click here programme is called vvsn exe but I dont know what it is I think It may have been installed by my daughter and Im too frightened to open it.In the folder theres something about whenu.weathercast.Could someone please tell me how to remove it?Im new to computers and very slow at typing(this took me about 15 minutes)so my postings to any responses may be a bit slow but Ill get there (hopefully) thank you

JonnyTub 23:17 28 Oct 04

read the whole page and follow the instructions click here

VoG II 23:22 28 Oct 04

Try running these (do them one at a time, then check if it has gone; use the update feature where available) Ad-aware click here Spybot click hereclick here eScan click here

castiel333 23:31 28 Oct 04

Thank you for your help JonnyTub Ive read your link which is really helpful with very simple and clear instructions to follow which Im going to try now.Thank you too vog.Ive already tried adaware and spybot but not a2 or escan so I will try them.Again thank you very much. Newgirl

JonnyTub 23:36 28 Oct 04

aaaww, were always here should you require further help.

stalion 23:46 28 Oct 04

good evening,just to tell you that escan is no longer viable as a recommendation albeit an excellent product you now have to buy it to get rid of what it finds.Freebie time is over,
Regards

VoG II 23:49 28 Oct 04

Thanks and good evening.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…