cant uninstall `Stuffit`

Ray5776 23:40 07 May 06

Hi everyone, I recently downloaded and installed a freebie unzipper `Stuffit Standard` it`s not what I want but now I can`t get rid of it.

When I try to uninstall it from control panel/add remove etc it just sends me around in a loop.

any help please

Strawballs 23:43 07 May 06

click here Download and install this and run it

Ray5776 00:01 08 May 06

Thanks Strawballs, I have downloaded it but it looks like a dangerous thing to play with. I use Reg ScrubXP which I am more familiar with.
I cant see how a registry cleaner will uninstall the program anyway but thanks for your imput.

Strawballs 00:05 08 May 06

It is not dangeous I have been using it for years anyway it makes a backup if you do encounter any problems. If you run it remove the program from the list you should then be able to go into your C drive and delete the program files

Arnie 00:19 08 May 06

CrapCleaner will allow the removal of files.

Latest version here.

click here

Ray5776 00:22 08 May 06

thanks again Strawballs, ran the prog and deleted it but it still shows in control panel/add delete etc and wont go away.
Reg cleaner looks like a useful tool now that I have had a proper look at it.

Ray5776 00:39 08 May 06

Arnie, I have CCleaner but I cant uninstall the sodding program, I would not have posted this if it was easy:-)

Ray5776 00:44 08 May 06

Can anyone tell me how to completely get rid of this please.

Strawballs 01:52 08 May 06

Look again at regcleaner there is also a tab for removing from the add remove list

skidzy 06:54 08 May 06

Try using your search box including hidden files as a search request,type the name of the program to delete...then delete all known paths relating to the program in question....then run regscrubxp.
Hope this help Ray.

ianeon 07:52 08 May 06

Try a programme called "UNLOCKER" from click here this may help you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…