Can't uninstall Sony USB Drivers from Vista

mmichaelis 17:46 30 Aug 07

Hi, I recently installed Sony's USB drivers for a Sony camcorder onto my PC running Windows Vista home edition.

Since then, when I try to shut down my PC I get a blue screen with lots of error text. All I can make out before the blue screen disappears is "CRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". My PC then reboots rather than shutting down.

When I log back in, Windows help comes up and advises that I have recovered from a crash and points the blame at the Sony software.

I go into Control Panel then Programs and Updates and I can see the Sony USB program there. I click on it, select Uninstall/Change and then I get an error: "USB Driver cannot be installed in the current version of windows"

I am not sure how else to go about uninstalling this software. Can anyone give advice?

Many thanks

rawprawn 17:48 30 Aug 07

System Restore?

wrg 16:46 31 Aug 07

I have a Sony camcorder but could not get the USB drivers to install at all. It got to the stage to install the drivers but then stopped. Are you sure the software is installed?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…