can't uninstall program

xoc 11:24 29 Apr 03

Can someone advise how to uninstall a programwhen the programs uninstall does not work 100% ?
Have a program which was behaving erratically, so I used program uninstall to remove it ,prior to re installing it agian.
I get the message "A previous version is installed so cannot install until old program is removed"
Any tips?

Dr Lecter 11:51 29 Apr 03

Hi there which program are you trying to uninstall?. You could try deleting the folder within your Drive and reboot , then install again.
I actually use an uninstaller Ap i think its Mcaffees. As windows always seems to leave rements of the old App/Game.

woodchip 12:11 29 Apr 03

To remove follow these step's closely, go to start\find\files or folders type in the box Program Name click enter key delete all the entry's it finds with Program Name in it. Next go to start run type regedit and press enter, go to menu under edit click find in the box type Program Name and press enter it will bring up only one entry at a time, press delete key then click ok to confirm to go to next entry press F3 and delete do this until you get to the end of the registry. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE IN THE REGISTRY other than Program Name then reboot your computer

xoc 18:55 29 Apr 03

Thanks to you both.
Trying to unin and reinstall Adaptec Direct CD.
Have tried everything suggested by woodchip but still no dice.
Now get message "Can't find the installation file, so uninstall will not continue"
Incidentally regedit search only came up with one item which I duly deleted. Whilst F3 came up with nothing!.
Any further thoughts?

hugh-265156 18:59 29 Apr 03

try removing in safe mode.

woodchip 21:28 29 Apr 03

Look for Roxio in the same way as above

sunnysingh 21:37 29 Apr 03

use reglean if its 95'
click here

sunnysingh 21:37 29 Apr 03

use reglean if its 95'
click here

xoc 00:43 30 Apr 03

Have cleared Iomega,adaptec & Roxioin regedit but to no avail.
Thanks sunnysingh for reminding me that I actually have that program.
Will try it and let you know how I get on.

xoc 20:42 30 Apr 03

No dice! nothing works.
Any more ideas out there?

hugh-265156 01:25 01 May 03

found this click here any use?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…