Can't Uninstall old ATI software to install new

Richard31 17:39 03 Mar 06

I have an Evesham PC running Windows XP (SP2) with an ATI All-In-Wonder 9800SE Graphics Card which supports ATI Multimedia Centre Software. I have recently lost all audio from my TV connection (picture is ok) and have tried to re-install a more recent version of the software from the ATI Support Site. This keeps failing because I need to uninstall the original version 8.6.0.0 first, but the Add/Remove Programs facility in Control Panel will NOT remove it.

After several attempts, which seemed to mess up the whole PC, I did a system restore to an earlier point but this has now failed to load a language resource file so the whole Multimedia Suite is now unavailable to me although everything else seems to be ok.

Can anyone suggest how I can delete version 8.6 if Add/Remove Programs will not work??

stubrow 17:47 03 Mar 06

install and run the ati uninstaller available on their website in the downloads section .

Stuartli 17:52 03 Mar 06

See the first class TweakGuides advice re ATI drivers:

click here

Richard31 09:54 04 Mar 06

Have just downloaded and run their uninstall utility but this has also come up with some errors eg "Error extracting support files" (no error number). After finishing and re-booting, the previous version still exists and again cannot be deleted via Add/Remove Programs.

Also where can I find the TweakGuides you mention?

strech 10:24 04 Mar 06

use ccleaner tool to do it it worked for me

kevinjuan 10:26 04 Mar 06

Try using Driver Cleaner Pro click here
Run it from safe mode works best.

Regards

Kevin

kevinjuan 08:33 07 Mar 06

Oops. that link didnt work. Try this click here

Stuartli 11:24 07 Mar 06

That's the advice provided in the TweakGuides link I gave earlier - I've used it successfully two or three times in recent months.

kevinjuan 13:00 07 Mar 06

Stuartli
Sorry about that! that will teach me to read the postings properly. Didnt mean to intrude.

Kevin

Stuartli 13:04 07 Mar 06

Nothing to be sorry about if you haven't read the link...:-)

Stuartli 13:05 07 Mar 06

...mention?>>

Via the Click Here...:-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced