Can't uninstall Office 2007 beta 2

Jimmy14 13:54 17 Jun 06

I have tried to uninstall office 2007 beta 2 but keep getting the error 1316 and the following explination " Cannot read file from file C:\WINDOWS\Installer\ProWW.msi. Check your connection to the network or cd-rom drive. For other potential solutions to the problem, see C:\DOCUME~1\MYNAME~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\OWP368.temp\Office.en-us\SETUP.CHM.

Please help me get this removed from my computer.

VoG II 14:31 17 Jun 06

System Restore to before you installed it.

Jimmy14 14:43 17 Jun 06

Then I'll lose all of the documents and programs I have installed at the moment will I not?

VoG II 14:44 17 Jun 06

Only programs and settings (not documents) installed after the date you restore from.

Jimmy14 19:39 17 Jun 06

Thanks for the advice but I done a google search and found a forum on a website regarding this problem and went step by step to manually remove it then through the registry . I am never downloading any beta software like that again its a real pain on getting it removed.

VoG II 20:38 17 Jun 06

We all live and learn. I put it on for about 10 minutes, had a quick play then system restored to get rid of it. I'm getting too old to run Beta software I think, especially as I need a properly working version of Excel at all times.

Jimmy14 20:59 17 Jun 06

Did you even try to uninstall the beta version of Office through add or remove programs or just system-restore it automatically?

VoG II 21:09 17 Jun 06

I just system restored - I'm lazy!

Jimmy14 21:20 17 Jun 06

Fair enough

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…