Can't uninstall Norton Systemworks 2000 on Windows

Newuser792 21:06 02 Jan 03
  Newuser792 21:06 02 Jan 03

I recently upgraded from Windows 98 to Windows XP and noticed that my Norton Systemworks 2000 was not compatible. I decided to purchased Norton Internet Security 2003. During installation it advised me to uninstall Norton Systemworks. This I tried and tried to install Int Sec again. It refused on the grounds that Systemworks was still there. Searching Symantec site I found a program SYMClean which could be used to resolve this problem. This failed. Further investigations seem to show that there is an uninstal.isu file missing from Norton Utilities causing the problem. Looking back on the Symantec site I found the instruction on how to delete the files from the registry, but when I looked for the exact files to delete, they don't appear on my registry. I feel stuck now because I can't uninstall Systemworks - I can't reinstall it either because XP doesn't like it and I can't install any virus protection, which concerns me. Anyone got any ideas?

Mike Mills 14:24 03 Jan 03

have you tried all suggestions on the web-site. If you navigate through to click here it describes how to manually remove all traces of NSW 2000 which should then enable you to install your new product. I have recently followed similar instructions to solve a problem i had, follow all steps, be patient! It worked for me. Good Luck!

Newuser792 23:05 03 Jan 03

Thanks for the help Mike. I looked at that webpage and found the some of the registry keys did not match those on my machine. As a result I was not keen to proceed with that option. In the end I uninstalled Windows XP, then reinstalled Systemworks on Windows 98, then uninstalled it. This time the uninstall was clean. I then installed Norton Internet Security on Windows 98, then reinstalled Windoes XP. Everything now appears to be working.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…