Can't uninstall Norton Personal Firewall?

pj123 17:41 03 Jun 05

Just been called out to someone who has so many problems on his computer it isn’t true.

Have sorted them all except Norton Personal Firewall. When trying to uninstall it I get a message something about having to be “the Supervisor”.

He says he doesn’t know where it came from and knows nothing about Supervisors or passwords. It appears to be part of Norton Internet Security 2002. He has never paid anything for this and has never updated it.

He thinks it may have been part of his original PC (Hewlett Packard) but has since dumped that and put the original 8gb hard drive into another (self built) PC that also has a second 12gb hard drive.

His system (now) is a PC Chips 810lmr motherboard with a Duron 1100 processor, 128mb Ram, (32mb shared). Onboard Sound, Graphics, running Win 98SE.

He had no protection other than this on his computer. I have now installed AVG, Spybot, Spywareblaster, Adaware and – dare I say it – ZoneAlarm (hoping it won’t clash with Norton.

Can anyone tell me how to uninstall the Norton Personal Firewall please?

VoG II 17:47 03 Jun 05
  De Marcus 17:50 03 Jun 05
  pj123 18:36 03 Jun 05

Thanks VoG™, have downloaded that file, but I won't see this person again until next Friday (which appears to be his weekly day-off). I will email it to him and explain how it works.

Thanks De Marcus, also. The first two I have already tried but didn't work. So back to VoG™ solution. Will let you know how it goes.

pj123 10:51 05 Jun 05

Well it appears this guy is unable to work from instructions over the phone. You/I know it's simple but he doesn't and he doesn't want to mess anything else up trying.

I have arranged to go next Friday and show him.

Thanks for the help VoG™/De Marcus.

I will tick as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…