Can't Uninstall Net Recovery Genius on Coverdisk

dunstablegolfer 22:05 21 Feb 04

I have installed Net Recovery Genius from the April 2004 PC Advisor Cover Disk, and now want to uninstall it. The uninstall file is in the Program Files/Goldensoft folder, when you go to uninstall it asks for a password. It never asked to put in a password when installing and I don't use passwords on my computer, so I am at a loss as to what to put. Quite appalling for a magazine to have a programme like this on really.
I have tried System Restore but this does nothing.
I would appreciate any ideas or passwords that are likely to work please.
Many thanks and regards,
Allen Watts

woodchip 22:10 21 Feb 04

Try this

To remove follow these step's closely, go to start\find\files or folders type in the box Net Recovery Genius click enter key delete all the entry's it finds with Net Recovery Genius in it. Next go to start run type regedit and press enter, go to menu under edit click find in the box type Net Recovery Genius and press enter it will bring up only one entry at a time, press delete key then click ok to confirm to go to next entry press F3 and delete do this until you get to the end of the registry. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE IN THE REGISTRY other than Net Recovery Genius then reboot your computer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…