Can't Uninstall Nero 7

darkster 16:53 31 May 06

Hi all,
I have recently installed Nero 7. For some reason the install has gone corrupt and I can't uninstall it! It goes so far and then comes up with the error FATAL ERROR! Installation Corrupted! - Please reinstall NERO
I foolishly deleted the ahead/nero folders from the hard drive and also removed the Nero keys from the registry with regedit but I have to admit I didn't really know what I was doing 100%! Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

rawprawn 16:59 31 May 06

Do as it says, reinstall Nero then uninstall it again using Add or Remove programs.

darkster 17:34 31 May 06

Tried that... It just keeps bouncing back the same error message at the same point (about 3/4 of the way through). It also flashes the same error after I reboot my pc.

rawprawn 17:48 31 May 06

System Restore?

rawprawn 17:50 31 May 06

"ALWAYS" backup your registry before making "ANY" changes, it saves an awful lot of problems.

darkster 18:10 31 May 06

How do I back up my registry?

Mikè 18:17 31 May 06

I haven´t used regedit for ages but there is an option to ¨export registry¨ (or something similar).

rawprawn 18:20 31 May 06

Start/Run/type "regedit" without the commas hit OK/File Export(My computer highlighted) choose where you want to store it and bingo!

jimv7 18:20 31 May 06

Download the nero 6 and 7 clean tools from

click here

run 6 first then 7.

darkster 18:37 31 May 06

Thanks a lot for the replies guys! @jimv7 - That worked a treat, thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5