Can't uninstall Mcafee security?

wesparmalee 11:03 05 Mar 05

I recently had to remove my Mcafee security from my pc due to a crash.I reinstalled Mcafee again,but when i rebooted,the follwing message appeared.Some parts of Mcfee security suite are missing,or have been installed incorrectly.The problem i'm having now,is that i can no longer remove Mcafee at all .When trying to remove it from Control panel/Add remove programs,the following appears-Cannot continue because some components(c:programs~1/ agent/uninst/screen.ui are missing.I thought that by reinstalling the program again would allow me to uninstall,but it seems i'm totally locked out of the program.I'm using Windows xp,and the Mcafee is security suite7.Please help.

sil_ver 01:01 06 Mar 05

All I can suggest is to find all reference to McAfee and delete it manually. You could start in C:\program files. Leave the registry alone unless you know what your doing Then do a 'search' and delete anything you find. You could always set a restore point before starting.

sil_ver 01:05 06 Mar 05

Oh, one other thing. Make sure McAfee is disabled in msconfig (Startup) before you reboot otherwise windows may complain about not find the .exe

SEASHANTY 11:55 06 Mar 05

Some Info here

click here

SEASHANTY 15:43 06 Mar 05

and some more info click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…