can't uninstall logitech mouse

Cal 15:14 21 Oct 04

Running win xp.

Can't seem to uninstall this mouse.

There is no Logitech uninstaller so I tried using add/remove programs but as the '0%' of the uninstallation process appears on the screen, my system shuts down and reboots.

Any ideas?

Cal.

Trolley 15:23 21 Oct 04

Try to re-install the mouse drivers, let the system reboot and then uninstall it. That worked for me.

Cal 15:27 21 Oct 04

Will try that and get back later.

Cal.

Cal 16:30 21 Oct 04

Still having problems.
I tried to reinstall the drivers for this mouse but after installation completes, the system hangs on a Logitech blue screen and task manager says the installation program is not responding.
The system still shuts down and reboots when I try to uninstall from add/remove progs.

Any more ideas?

Cal.

rawprawn 16:45 21 Oct 04

Try this Right click My Computer/Properties/Hardware/Device Manager/Mice and other pointing objects /Right click on your logitech Mouse and select uninstall

Cal 16:53 21 Oct 04

Tried this already.
After a warning the device seems to uninstall ok.
The problem is that the Logitech program is still evident in the add/remove programs and the system still shuts down and reboots when the '0%' of the uninstallation process begins.
Don't know why this is happening.
Also after reboot, the Logitech mouse tries to reinstall itself(!) but gives a warning about the driver not being signed.
Seem to be going round in circles here.
Got any more suggestions as this mouse does not seem to want to leave!

Cal.

rawprawn 17:08 21 Oct 04

Try in Safe Mode

Cal 17:13 21 Oct 04

Thanks for the suggestion but tried in safe mode already with the same result.
Presently on Logitech website seeing if they have a solution.
I will come back here when I have something to report.

Cal.

VoG II 17:21 21 Oct 04

Disabling the "restart on system failure" feature may permit the exact cause to be isolated:

Right-click on My Computer, click Properties, click the Advanced tab. Under Startup & Recovery, click Settings. Under System Failure, untick the box in front of Automatically restart.

Try uninstalling again and post the error message that you should see.

Cal 17:37 21 Oct 04

Went to 'startup and recovery' settings as you suggested but under 'system failure', 'automatically restart' is already unchecked.
Dead end there I'm afraid.

Cal.

rawprawn 17:47 21 Oct 04

Tweak UI ? I don't use it but I am led to believe that you can remove programs from Add or Remove Programs. I would wait for confirmation of this statement from someone who has experience.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…