Can't uninstall Battlefield 1942

mags65 15:25 20 Oct 05

Tried every method I can think of but BF 1942 won't uninstall, either from the add remove programs or from the disc menu. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Beats me why anyone would want to uninstall BF1942 but I do empathise with your predicament. It appears the uninstaller has somehow been corrupted as you you've discovered.

There's a list of better uninstallation programs for when windows fails to do the job: click here

If you have no luck, you could try reinstalling the game and then uninstalling it again. The idea being hopefully the newly installed files will fix the uninstaller and thus allows you to uninstall corretly.

It's drastic but you could also manually remove the folder and references to the game in regedit but I'd be very cautious about this and consult the MS knowledge base first. I'll have a look for you on uninstallation problems but you'd do better looking yourself as I can't say when I'd get 'round to it.

Sadly, by the way, EA's support site was no use on the topic of uninstalling BF1942 if normal avenues failed so don't waste your time on it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…