Can't uninstall anything. :s

fourjays 17:52 17 May 05

Hi,
I have had this problem for a while, but it is getting to the point now, where it is becoming a bigger problem. A large number of programs listed in the "Add/Remove Programs" (I'm using XP)list will not uninstall when I click on the 'change/remove' or 'remove' buttons. It just flicks something on the screen (too fast to read), and then does nothing. Most of the programs concerned do not have an 'uninstall' link in their start menu listing, or (if I have deleted it to organise my start menu) do not have an uninstall file in the program's folder. At the moment I am having to resort to manually deleting the programs folder, then going through the registry, deleting its associated keys (not the most thrilling, or safe exercises). How can I make the "add/remove" programs function work again?

chaztait 18:11 17 May 05

I am having the same problem not as bad as yours but only some flicker and some do what there told. What type of software is it could it be some sort of spyware in the software that makes it flicker to stop you clicking uninstall?

Well hope someone knows what the problem is.

chaztait

wotbus@ 18:22 17 May 05

Hi there. Before going down the Malware road, try doing an in-depth system file check then at least you will be beginning at the beginning so to speak, with a known error free system. Un-installing from the Start Menu is not a good idea, and deleting the program from Program Files doesnt get rid of registry entries - just leaves a lot of broken paths. A simple [free] utility like RegCleaner [I am sure there are others] will give you the option to delete items from the Add/Remove list. Good luck.

Snrub 11:52 07 Jul 06

whenever i try to any remove unwanted software using 'add/remove programme' in windows XP an mcafee icon appears showing mcafee remnant cleaner trying to find files - please wait. Wait for ages and nothing happens!!

I have tried to delete mcafee remnant cleaner but it states this will only remove the icon from the desktop.

Any ideas please on how I can correct XP to work normally for uninstalling unwanted software

I am plagued with blue screen crashes showing bad pool caller / kernal crash faults

System thorughly checked for virus, trojan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…