Can't understand how worms do it.

Kudu 16:28 22 Nov 03

I was having a lot of trouble with a worm virus that would appear again after having been cleared by AV software so i decided to format my hard disk and start again as my files were messed up.

I did the format installed win.XP, installed my internet software and then installed a new copy of Norton AV2004 which now does a pre-installation virus check before you actually load it.Norton found a W32.worm and deleted two of my (brand new)files to get rid of it.Has anyone any idea where this virus is coming from as i am at a complete loss as to how this virus managed to get on the computer.

Forum Editor 16:46 22 Nov 03

to the Internet? Despite very much reduced infection levels it will take, on average, about five minutes for the W32 Blaster worm to infect an online computer that doesn't have the requisite patch installed.

hugh-265156 16:48 22 Nov 03

try this click here

patch also click here

Kudu 17:05 22 Nov 03

I connected to internet for a short while(minutes)to allow Norton registration and updates.Is this all it takes ?

Kudu 17:07 22 Nov 03

I tried these before i decided it was time to format and start with a clean filing system.

hugh-265156 17:30 22 Nov 03

Is this all it takes ?

unfortunatly yes.

Kudu 17:58 22 Nov 03

Will have to be VERY careful in future.If this is the trouble these viruses cause i don't know why some risk Kazaa.Will instal patches again.Thanks.

hugh-265156 19:07 22 Nov 03

doesnt matter how careful you are it seems.

i just picked up a virus half an hour ago just by clicking on a link to a webpage. :-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…