Cant type with mouse

holligan 17:28 13 Dec 03

Cant type, mouse is ok for clicking, but when i try to type it just stays there, it does not move.i turned comp off then it was ok.its happaned several times now ?

Stuartli 17:36 13 Dec 03

I can't type with a mouse either, nor drink Guinness out of an empty glass....

If you mean the cursor doesn't move if you are typing then that is perfectly OK. You use the mouse to reposition the cursor if you wish to, say, insert a (typed) word or correction or cut and paste.

Pesala 22:56 13 Dec 03

Hi Holligan, what progam are you using when this happens? If you are using Net Objects Fusion this happens when you click on the properties palette. This happens in other programs too that have dialogue boxes that stay open. You have to double-click again in the text to return to typing.

Stuartli 09:17 14 Dec 03

Further to Pesala's posting, if by any chance you have enabled Focus in TweakUI, you will find only the window or program the mouse cursor is on will be operational.

In other words if you have two or more windows running you have to move the cursor to which one you wish to work on; doing this also returns the top bar to the blue colour fill-in.

holligan 20:49 17 Dec 03

it just freezes,i have to turn off. then it is ok for abit

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…