cant turn wireless on

pete h 18:02 01 Dec 09

hya people and i hope your all doing well, i have a small problem turning on my wireless on the laptop, i am using windows 7 and when i try to turn on the wireless function using the fn button and F1 button, nothing happens at all. i can connect to my router using a dongle. any ideas please?

pete

User-1229748 18:06 01 Dec 09

what pc is it?you may have to download software for the fn keys from your pc manufacturers web site.

User-1229748 18:09 01 Dec 09

sorry from the software and drivers section of your pc manufacturers site :o)

pete h 18:12 01 Dec 09

hya smackheadz, its a fujitsu siemens laptop

User-1229748 18:18 01 Dec 09

enter your serial number into the box.if you installed windows 7 after you purchased your lappy have a look around to see if you can find any answers click here

reply4reply 13:21 02 Dec 09

did u check the device manager if the network bit shows wireless with no problems?

Sea Urchin 13:31 02 Dec 09

Quite often it's the Fn key + the key with a small antenna.

Or this might help (taken from a Fujitsu Siemens forum) - or maybe a slide switch on the side/front of the laptop.

Fujitsu Siemens Amilo A Series ---- Button above the keyboard on top right

Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D Series ---- Button above the keyboard on top right

Fujitsu Siemens Amilo K Series ---- Not Wireless

Fujitsu Siemens Amilo L/EL Series ---- Fn / F1 to turn on/off

Fujitsu Siemens Amilo La Series ---- Fn / F2 to turn on / off

Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li Series ---- Easy launch button (one of 3) on top of keyboard

pete h 14:07 02 Dec 09

i know where to turn it on and off sea urchin and in deivice manager its telling me that the installed driver is ok and working normally

pete

birdface 18:34 02 Dec 09

Have you checked msconfig to make sure Wireless connection is ticked to run at start up.
Or Administrative Tools.Services.And scroll down to WLAN and make sure it is set to automatic.

User-1229748 19:03 02 Dec 09

have you a launch manager?if so it may need reinstalling.

Ford Prefect 01 19:12 02 Dec 09

Is there a switch on the front or the side that may have been knocked?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…