cant transfer photos from digital camera to pc

ullevi 10:56 22 Mar 05

have repeatedly tried to transfer photos from digital camera to pc.
connection from camera to pc seems ok(shows connected to computer) but when i use photosuite it does not recognize the camera.
this is the first time this has happened as i have previosly successfully transferred photos from the same camera to the pc and then to cd.
have reinstalled the camera driver from the software and also reinstalled photosuite but this has not helped.
photosuite is working ok otherwise.
i am operating a windows 98 system.
the camera is a traveller dc300 and all functions are operating.
can anyone suggest how i might overcome this problem as i have spent all weekend trying to figure out a solution.
thanks in advance any help appreciated.
george

mole44 11:04 22 Mar 05

get yourself a card reader will save all the hasstle.

colberly 11:07 22 Mar 05

With my camera and if I use photosuite I find I have to save the pics in My docs first then open and save with photosuite.

brambles 11:11 22 Mar 05

I agree with mole44 get a card reader. After that go to Google & type in Picasa 2 this will lead you to the download for Google's own photo programme. Iy is very similar in a lot of respects to Adobe Photoshop Album - but it's free financially & hassle.

Brambles

Diemmess 11:34 22 Mar 05

If you can see the camera in My Computer------ can you not also open the successive folders until you have a list of files. Select_All and copy or cut and paste to a new folder on your HD?

A long way round, but uses only what you already have!

fazer 12:28 22 Mar 05

I agree with several respondants - my camera does not allow direct downloading into software. You need to save the images onto the hard drive THEN import them into the editing software. I may be wrong but I thought that this was the normal practice anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…