can't tell the time!

BeeWee 02:13 16 Oct 03

please could anyone explain why the time (bottom right hand corner)on my screen keeps changing itself randomly? better still could anyone help me to fix this problem? i am running xp pro. thanks

Djohn 02:29 16 Oct 03

Do you mean it's running slow/losing time, or changes to different times?

BeeWee 02:36 16 Oct 03

it changes to different times..at the moment it's showing 18:36 and no matter how many times i correct it, guaranteed the next time i log on it will be incorrect

Djohn 03:07 16 Oct 03

It may be the small battery on the motherboard. How old is the motherboard? If it needs changing, they are only a few pound. j.

BeeWee 03:09 16 Oct 03

the motherboard is 8 months old

BeeWee 03:09 16 Oct 03

the motherboard is 8 months old

BeeWee 03:10 16 Oct 03

lol...just to emphasise the point!

Djohn 03:15 16 Oct 03

Is that an echo I see ;o)

Shouldn't be that then as they usually last for a couple of years. Not sure what else may be causing this, but someone will have the answer for you later on today. j.

Stuartli 09:42 16 Oct 03

A mobo CMOS battery should last several years - I've never replaced one in the last 10 years or so and the current one is four years old.

Have you checked regional settings - you may have inadvertently selected the wrong time zone juding by the fact you are 16 hours adrift, but the minutes are right...:-)

Double click on the time icon in the tray and select the TimeZone tab and then GMT if this is not set.

Chegs ® 09:47 16 Oct 03

Also check that XP isn't reseting itself,uncheck the Internet time tab after double clicking clock.

BeeWee 09:50 16 Oct 03

thank you so much...yes the time zone setting was wrong! i have now got it sorted out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…