can't stop explorer

2020 12:38 24 Apr 04

hi
i have just installed the trial zonealarm pro but now i keep getting explorer popups.
i am not using explorer, i use avant browser had had zonealarm working very well till now, should i just revert to the basic one? how can i get shot of explorer?
with thanks to all you helpful people

mgmcc 13:17 24 Apr 04

I ran Zone Alarm in "Pro" mode for a very brief period and it was such a pain (kept forgetting settings) that I reverted to the basic version.

<< i am not using explorer, i use avant browser >>

Avant Browser is an Internet Explorer "enhancement" - it does actually run Internet Explorer in the background.

2020 13:28 24 Apr 04

mgmcc
thanks for your reply. will this mean i have to get a different browser if i want to keep explorer intruding?
thanks

VoG II 13:32 24 Apr 04

What sort of pop-ups? A bit more information would be helpful.

2020 13:43 24 Apr 04

well mainly ads for capital insurance, but most are unknown as it just says cannot find server, i have just removed it from the programs in zonealarm but the explorer window keeps coming back

VoG II 13:46 24 Apr 04

I would do a scan for adware using Ad-aware click here and Spybot click here

Download, update and run.

2020 13:56 24 Apr 04

thanks VoG i'll do that now but why did zonealarm not stop it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…