Cant start PC even in safe mode

NICKE 20:14 28 Oct 04

Dont really know whats happened but I got the following error messages on start up. "Winlogon.exe - Bad Image. The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll is not a Valid Windows image." I then get "Services.exe - Bad Image" and "Isass.exe - Bad Image" with same message. This is followed by "User Interface Failure. The logon user interface DLL msgina.dll failed to load." I have tried safe mode / safe mode with command prompt / last known good configuration but get all the previous messages with no option to try anything else. Any suggestions please?

Diodorus Siculus 20:16 28 Oct 04

Do you have the OS cd? IF so, try booting with it and try a repair.

NICKE 20:29 28 Oct 04

My PC from Mesh came with XP Home pre-installed. I have CDs for the software & drivers pre-installed but not for Windows XP. I also have a Mesh recovery disk with no instructions.

Diodorus Siculus 20:31 28 Oct 04

The recovery disk will allow you to reinstall windows but it may be a destructive install. Do you need to save any data from the disk or can you simply reinstall?

NICKE 21:10 28 Oct 04

I would like to save data and havent done a backup for a long time (!) but recovering the PC is more important than the data. I have tried the recovery CD but it doesnt auto boot so I get the same series of messages as before

Completealias 22:00 28 Oct 04

Check your BIOS settings to see if its set to boot from cd first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac