Cant start PC even in safe mode

NICKE 20:14 28 Oct 04

Dont really know whats happened but I got the following error messages on start up. "Winlogon.exe - Bad Image. The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll is not a Valid Windows image." I then get "Services.exe - Bad Image" and "Isass.exe - Bad Image" with same message. This is followed by "User Interface Failure. The logon user interface DLL msgina.dll failed to load." I have tried safe mode / safe mode with command prompt / last known good configuration but get all the previous messages with no option to try anything else. Any suggestions please?

Diodorus Siculus 20:16 28 Oct 04

Do you have the OS cd? IF so, try booting with it and try a repair.

NICKE 20:29 28 Oct 04

My PC from Mesh came with XP Home pre-installed. I have CDs for the software & drivers pre-installed but not for Windows XP. I also have a Mesh recovery disk with no instructions.

Diodorus Siculus 20:31 28 Oct 04

The recovery disk will allow you to reinstall windows but it may be a destructive install. Do you need to save any data from the disk or can you simply reinstall?

NICKE 21:10 28 Oct 04

I would like to save data and havent done a backup for a long time (!) but recovering the PC is more important than the data. I have tried the recovery CD but it doesnt auto boot so I get the same series of messages as before

Completealias 22:00 28 Oct 04

Check your BIOS settings to see if its set to boot from cd first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…