Cant Start up

Choppy 00:46 18 Jan 03
  Choppy 00:46 18 Jan 03

After installing Roxio Easy CD Creator as part of HP CD Writer installation I experienced problems as outlined on page 90 of Windows Answers magazine issue No 8.
Instead of downloading patches from Roxio.com I uninstalled the programme with the intention of installing Nero Burning instead.

The result now is that my PC will not start up. On activating the start switch I get one beep followed by two short muffled beeps then a message on the screen stating : DPMS Going To Off Mode. The system then closes.
I have checked the following: Power Supply Unit, Video Card, Memory Card, all are OK.
System Specs:
AMDXP2000+, Abit KG7-R Motherboard, 256mDDR Ram,
40G Hard Drive Daytona 64m GF4 Video Card

DieSse 02:06 18 Jan 03

click here

Try switching off, and unplugging, both tower and monitor for 2-3 minutes - then switch all back on again.

Check that you have not disturbed the connection from monitor to tower.

Check that when you were insude the tower fitting the CD-RW, you have not disturbed the graphices card - push it back ito it's slot firmly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…